These days, many people find themselves unsatisfied with the shape of their nose and how it makes their profile look. If this is the case for you, then nose surgery, or rhinoplasty, may be the solution you’ve been seeking.
What Is Nose Surgery?
Nose surgery is a cosmetic procedure that improves the proportion and overall appearance of the nose. It can also be used to correct any nasal-related breathing problems that the patient has. This procedure can treat several nasal abnormalities, including:
- Nasal asymmetry
- Nose width at the bridge
- Nose size as it relates to facial balance
- Nose profile with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- A nasal tip that is bulbous, enlarged, upturned, hooked, or drooping
- Upturned, wide, or large nostrils
The ideal candidates for nose surgery:
- Have completed their facial growth
- Are physically healthy
- Do not smoke
- Have a basic understanding of the rhinoplasty procedure
- Have established clear, realistic objectives regarding how to optimize their appearance
Although rhinoplasty can dramatically improve the shape and aesthetic appeal of your nose, there are risks involved with every surgical procedure. These will be discussed with you during your consultation.
The Rhinoplasty Consultation
During the first visit, the surgeon will discuss several factors, including:
- Your cosmetic surgery objectives, including both breathing and aesthetics
- Your previous medical treatments, drug allergies, and medical conditions
- Your current vitamins, medications, and herbal supplements
- Your tobacco, drug, and alcohol use
- Any previous surgeries you have had
Preparing For Rhinoplasty
If you are approved to move forward with rhinoplasty following your initial consultation, your next step will be to prepare for the surgery. There are several components of the preparation process, including:
- Obtaining a lab test
- Taking specific medications or adjusting the medications you take currently
- Stopping your smoking habits
- Avoiding the use of herbal supplements, anti-inflammatory drugs, and aspirin, as they can increase bleeding
If you are dissatisfied with the shape of your nose, you should know that solutions are available. At Athena Plastic Surgery, Dr. Avron Lipschitz can help improve the appearance of your nose and increase your self-confidence. Contact Athena Plastic Surgery today to schedule a consultation and find out of nose surgery is right for you.